The hall has a maximum capacity of approximately 100. The total could be lower than this, depending on layout. It is wood floored, with a carpeted section:
- the floored area subdivides using a rigid curtain screen, creating a secure inner area with an entrance door from the main hall and a separate fire exit;
- the remaining floor area can be partly screened from the carpeted area with full length curtains.
- a large modern kitchen, accessible from the main hall, with a
range cooker, hot cupboard, fridge/freezer, and microwave;
- ladies’ cloakroom with three cubicles, accessible from the
- gents’ and a disabled toilet on the main entrance passageway.
- a piano, which is regularly tuned.
There is access for e.g. wheelchair users on the west side of the hall via a DDA-compliant ramp, and a path, not DDA-compliant, replacing steps to the front door of the hall (the main entrance).
The hall also has WiFi.
This is accessed via external stairs on the east side of the building. Potential users should be aware that these stairs are steep and narrow, so may be difficult for those with restricted mobility. The room is regrettably not accessible for wheelchair users.
It consists of:
- a meeting room (the Committee Room) with a capacity
of approximately 20 seated around the table;
- a small kitchen;
- cloakroom area and toilet.
The Committee room was refurbished in May 2018, focussing primarily on the kitchen, which now has tea/coffee-making facilities.
NB: There are mugs, the means to wash these up at the end of your meeting, and a small fridge, but we do not supply milk, tea or coffee. Please bring your own.
We are currently investigating the installation of audio-visual facilities for the Committee Room.